Sunday, January 4, 2015

Welcome Grace Thomas!


Hello again! Today I thought that I would share my opinions on the newest American Girl Doll, Grace Thomas! Grace is the Girl of the Year for 2015, so that means she is only available until December 31, or until she sells out. That goes for her entire collection. Grace is a baker and she also gets to visit Paris and spend some time with her family there. I personally love her collection, but am just not fond of all the prices...

So, without further ado, here are my opinions on Grace!! :D

Grace Doll and Book- $120
Grace in her meet outfit with her charm bracelet and book. I really like her outfit and I think it's super cute, but my favorite part has to be the boots! I really like her exclusive earrings too! I think the idea of a trip to Paris in her story is cool, but I personally liked the GOTY that helped others and stood up for important issues better. I'm not too crazy about the price either...but they are definitely sturdy and worth it. Still, I intend on adding her to my collection sometime this year.
Close up of Grace
I just love those freckles!!! :D
Grace's Welcome Gifts- $32
I find it kind of weird that American Girl didn't just call them her accessories like they have done in years past. But that beret...omg too cute!!! I love the little macaroons. I think that $32 is a little pricey for what is included, but then again, this is American Girl. I know that I would have to get these when I get Grace!
Grace's French Bulldog- $22
Her name is BonBon! So cute! I really don't understand why they call her "Grace's French Bulldog" instead of her actual name. I heard that the bow on her collar unfold and become the leash! I think that $22 is a fair price for her too. As for whether she will be joining my collection, I'm not sure...I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)
 
Grace's Baking Outfit for Dolls- $34
Very cute! I think this is a must for her since she is a baker! Ugh I just wish it was a little less than $34, but I'm sure it's worth it. I heard that the apron has a skirt that goes all the way around too! Very cute, and I plan on adding it to my collection.
Grace's City Outfit for Dolls- $34
LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!! This is probably my favorite outfit from Grace's collection! It would be perfect for Valentine's Day too! It looks super cozy and that collar is just adorable. I feel like it would be perfect for mixing and matching too!
Grace's Opening-Night Outfit for Dolls- $38
Once again, this outfit is priced a little high. Quite frankly, I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's like I like it, but than at the same time I don't. ;) When I first saw it, I loved it, but I'm actually not so sure how I feel about it now.
Grace's Travel Coat for Dolls- $28
This coat is soooo cute! And I love the color! That light blue looks stunning on Grace and really brings out her eyes! That bow is adorable too! I think that I will definitely be adding this to my collection!
Grace's Pajamas for Dolls- $24
Very cute! I love the little drawings of Paris on the pants! I also love this color blue on Grace and that blue bow! They are reasonably priced too! As for whether or not I will be getting these, I'm not quite sure yet.
Grace's Paris Accessories- $32
They're alright, I mean nothing too exciting. The fingerless gloves seem to be almost the same as Isabelle's from last year. I don't like the polka dot pattern on the purse either. This is probably my least favorite thing from Grace's collection.
Grace's Travel Set- $44
Once again, very cute, and I love that blue, but I don't think it would be worth the price. I will not be getting this because I am not willing to pay that much, and because I know I wouldn't use it enough to make it worth the money.
Grace's Bistro Set- $85
The stuff on the table is cute, and I kind of like the chair too. But seriously, $85! That is ridiculous!!! Just for a table, chair, some fake food, and a menu board...I think $85 is way too high for just that.
Grace's Baking Set- $68
So cute!! I still think almost $70 is a little high for it, but it is super cute! I'm sure it will provide hours of play for many kids, but I will not be getting this either because I know I wouldn't use it enough.
Grace's Pastry Cart- $150
This is adorable! I love all of the detail put into it too! I think that $150 is a fair price for this too. I love all of the play food!! It seems like a lot of people like it too, because it is already backordered until the middle of January.

And finally...
Grace's French Bakery- $500
Wow is all I can say! I love the idea of a bakery and I think it is super cute, and all of the colors go great with it too. It even has over 60 accessories! The price though is just way out of my budget. I could practically buy everything that I want from her collection for $150 less than the bakery alone! Although it is very cute and I'm sure some people will have a ton of fun with it, I will definitely not be adding this to my collection.

That's all for now! I hope you enjoyed hearing my opinions of Grace's collection. Overall, I am very pleased with it, and I plan on purchasing Grace and quite a few of her outfits and accessories.

Feel free to comment below your opinions of Grace and her collection!

All photos were taken directly from American Girl's website.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment