Sunday, January 18, 2015

An Unlikely Doll Rescue!


Hi everyone! I hope your weekend has been going great! First, I wanted to say sorry for being inactive last week. I had midterms all week and had to spend a lot of time studying.
Anyways, when we have midterms at my school, we get dismissed early. That gave my mom and I the idea to go to our local thrift store. I've read many articles and posts about people restoring and customizing the dolls they found, so I decided to test my luck and see if my store had anything. Sure enough, they did!!! :D I was super excited at all of the dolls they had! And, as a special bonus, the store we went to was having a big sale that day! Everything was 50% off!!! :) I'm sure you could imagine my excitement. I ended up coming home with 4 dolls this week...and I only paid a few dollars for all of them!

Today, I'll be showing you the doll that caught me off guard the most...A TODDLER ANNA DOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It has only been a little over 1 year since Frozen came out in theaters and she was already at a thrift store! I couldn't believe my eyes! She didn't come with clothes or anything, and she does have some flaws, but for $1.70, I just could not pass her up!


This is the condition that I found her in. Her hair is a bit wild, and she has some minor marks (maybe marker?) on her body.


A closer look at the marks
Most of them were on her stomach, but I intended to make her an outfit anyways, so even if I was unable to remove them, they would not be visible.

Now this was something that did make me consider buying her- 2 of her fingers are badly scrapped. :(   However, she was still at a price that was too good to resist. I figured I'd try to do something to fix it, but if not oh well! :P

Her hair...oddly enough, her hair was super easy to tame! All I used was water and a doll brush and it ended up having a nice silky texture to it and only took about 5 minutes to de-tangle and braid!

Finally, here's a view of the top of her hair.

She also had some very small writing in what looks like sharpie on the bottom of her foot, but I forgot to take a picture of that. I don't think it will be too noticeable though because she will either be standing or have shoes on. ;)
Now...the finished product!!! :D
(Sorry for the bad lighting and shadows in these pictures)

Here she is all cleaned up! 
Her hair was super easy to deal with and is so silky!
I was able to get most of the marks of her too. There are still some blue marks throughout her. :/  
I think that might actually be from her original clothes.
...and the back of her! She does have a few "dead" ends but I'm not too concerned about that. If you look closely you can even see the white streak in her hair.  :)




I ended up searching online for toddler Anna dolls and I think I figured out which doll she is:




Thanks for reading! I hope this post inspires you to check out your local thrift stores to see what treasures they may have. ;) Stay tuned for more doll rescues coming soon! 


Have you ever found any dolls at a thrift store?

No comments:

Post a Comment